Friday, September 4, 2009

Kreuzberg and Turkish Encounters

So today was pretty random, and while I won't say overwhelming, I can promise I didn't retain too much of where I was or how I got there.
I am convinced that I have to be somewhere alone in order to really appreciate where I am, or to even be alert...My new friend Jenny mentioned that to me today--we both agree that in order
to get our bearings we have to just wander alone, not follow people around!

Anyway, because of my lack of retention, not much to say about what I did today, besides how delicious the food for dinner was. Basically the best Turkish food I've ever had in my life...It was called Hasir usulu ile, which is mixed lamb barbecued on skewer seasons with slices of radish. It came with rice they called basmati, but it was more like barley!!!
I'll skip the lengthy descriptions and you can just have a look :-).



Oh, and my camera decided to FAIL and delete all my former photos...ew. So, some pictures from the tour I went on today of Kreuzberg (the area within Mitte that I live) were lost. I'm sure I'll be walking by them again though!

1 comment:

  1. Soo cool! Lol why did you name that orange mush pokemon? I never had turkish food, but Ill take your word for it. Looks pretty serious, and is that some ribs or some bbq or something on that plate under what looks like a tortilla? You shoulda titled it Kreuzberg and Turkish Encounters from beyondddddddddddd! Sounds like outer space stuff...ok have more fun :)

    ReplyDelete