Monday, August 23, 2010

South Africans: Bheki and Edgar


Bheki is one of the volunteers from the Motsoaledi community that we visited on our second day here in South Africa, and pictured here is his son Simphiwe, otherwise known as Edgar. By son, I mean adopted son, but I suppose to the South Africans, it is mostly the same thing.

There is a sense of community that I've never really felt before in any other place that I've traveled to, and it is a beautiful thing.


Bheki told me the story that he was once out in the community at the same time as Edgar's grandmother when Edgar fastly ran to him and clung to his leg. He was only 3 years old!

Today Edgar is 10, and as you can see he is extremely strong and intelligent. Bheki insisted to me that it was fate because they share the same birthday,

No comments:

Post a Comment