Monday, August 23, 2010

South African Strike!

I think its pretty cool that wherever I travel there seems to be something political going on. JUST MY LUCK!

Turns out this past weekend there were major strikes Johannesburg by teachers and also the people who typically clean up Diepsloot.

We were supposed to go into Diepsloot on Saturday, but we ended up not because of the potentially dangerous conditions. Also, there apparently are many drunken men who play football close to where we were cleaning up, which would have also posed a potentially difficult situation.

Reminds me of the car fires in Berlin, and the summits in Montreal and London! I guess I'm pretty lucky to see some of these things firsthand, but in this case we actually got to experience LESS because of it. boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment