Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday in St. Patrick's Cathedral

Believe it or not, this was the fastest I've ever been in and out of a church for Ash Wednesday. It was SO efficient. I've never celebrated anything there until today.

I took the 6 train from 23rd St to the 51st street stop and just walked uphill to Madison Ave! I used to think that it would be very complex to head over to the big cathedral for mass, but really? People shouldn't be intimidated, especially if its for a religious obligation! Remember - its YOUR church no matter where you are! People in Paris can't say its OUR Notre Dame, because its not. Its something we all share.

Now to the painful reality - FASTING! I tried doing the two snacks and one major meal but I couldn't last. I know its all about giving up our comfort for a purpose, a greater purpose, but I actually started to feel SICK and nauseous

2 comments:

  1. Gotta eat that nutritious breakfast, its the most important meal of the day! Kinda funny how your classmate kept looking at your forehead asking what and Ash Wednesday was. Lol, he just stared...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur right, that was VERY funny...
    "uhm andrea, you've got something on your forehead...im not sure why the others didnt tell you, maybe that are just mean..."
    "uhmmmm ACTUALLY, its ash wednesday..."
    "uhhmmmmmm what's ash wednesday...(puzzled look)"
    "uhmmmmmmmmmm THE START OF LENT DUMMY!"

    :-).

    ReplyDelete